WhatsApp is the favorite messaging app of many. The proof of this is that more than 2000 million users around the world use this application every month to send messages, multimedia, make calls and video calls. But what about all those who live in front of the computer and have to check their mobile devices to answer their friends, family, clients or collaborators? This is what WhatsApp Web is.
What is WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is the desktop version of this application that allows Internet users to talk to their contacts from your computer.
How does WhatsApp Web work
To use WhatsApp Web, simply connect to the Internet and follow these steps:
1. visit https://web.whatsapp.com/ from your browser. The site will display a QR code that you have to scan from your cell phone app:
2. Put your device in front of a computer screen, enter the WhatsApp application, and choose the option Settings on the right side, followed by Paired devices Finally Pair a device. Point the mobile camera in front of the QR code on your computer screen and your account should be synced in a few seconds.
It is important that your cell phone has network access and has a battery so that the connection on WhatsApp Web is not lost.
If at any time you decide to log out of your browser, simply select the three dots in the upper left corner and click Logoff.
It is also possible to do this from the WhatsApp app on your smartphone, when checking the linked devices.
Another option to use WhatsApp on your PC is to download its official app, either for Windows or Mac. The only difference is that in this case you will not need to open WhatsApp Web from your browser and access will be easier and faster.
Benefits of using WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web does not yet have all the tools of a mobile application. For example, you cannot make calls, video calls, upload stories, or share your location. It also cannot add contacts, modify privacy or security settings, or change your number. But the desktop version has some advantages:
- There are people who have your cell phone number and your business number; With WhatsApp Web, it is possible to manage both accounts at the same time. You only need to open one Incognito window From your browser, sign in with your other account and voila!
- Let’s say you have a file on your computer and you want it on your cell phone… Start by creating a group on WhatsApp, delete the other member you added and this way you already have a ‘conversation with yourself’. So you can send files from both devices.
- Who said the only way to send a photo is to save and attach it? With WhatsApp Web you just give copy to the photo you want to send and paste it in chat.
- When you use WhatsApp from your computer, your cell phone battery will drain slower, because you won’t be unlocking it constantly.
Tricks on WhatsApp Web
Since you know what WhatsApp Web is, how to use it and its advantages, we are going to share some tricks to make your experience more enjoyable:
- In this life there are two types of people: those who prefer the subject of light and those who prefer the dark thing. In WhatsApp Web, it is possible to change the wallpaper and the way you want your screen to appear. Simply click on the three dots at the top left and select the option Settings. Once the menu is displayed, choose a section Trait And choose what works best for you:
- When we work from a computer, the shortcuts are very useful and WhatsApp Web does not lag much. Mastering it makes it easy to move between chats, mute conversations, or mark them as unread:
- He talks about “unread”. Has it occurred to you that you died to see what the message they sent you had to say, but you cannot or do not want to respond at that moment? Just place your cursor over this message and the full text will appear below without them knowing that you have already read it.
- It often happens that you are replying to a message and cannot find the perfect emoji. In WhatsApp Web just add : followed by the emotion you want to express. for example :happy:sad:birthday
Now that you know all the secrets of WhatsApp Web, you can use it like a pro.
“Pop culture advocate. Troublemaker. Friendly student. Proud problem solver.”