In this editorial, we have carefully analyzed the main novelties of iOS 17 and the devices compatible with this version. However, Apple has removed some features that were available in iOS 16.5. In this article, we will analyze what Functions that Apple has permanently removed from the iPhone.
Features disappear with iOS 17
First of all, it is important to highlight that the new features that are missing are present in the beta versions of iOS 17 and others are that Apple has simply removed them without justification. Let’s analyze it below:
- backgrounds: Each Apple release includes a new wallpaper. With iOS 17, Apple removed the previous generation wallpapers nor the previous versions. On Macs, they keep it for many generations.
- Message interface: Apple has completely modified the messaging interface, removing the camera icons and the A for + sign where you can access all functions such as adding photos, cameras, tickets, etc. We have a different interface. In this version, the icons above the keyboard will disappear.
- time: The weather application displays the term “My Location” and by that, you can know in detail all the weather elements present in your city or day. Also, the time term has been changed depending on the conditions.
- QR code: With iOS 17, when the iPhone scans the QR code, but if we move the camera, it does not track the code, so Apple removed the tracking function. We don’t know if it will be included in the future.
- magnifying glass: When we make a screen, we had different customization options. It seems that the magnifying glass function has been removed and now they have added new ones, but the magnifying glass function has been removed. Among the new functions, we have the label and signature function.
- iCloud: In iOS 16 in the Accounts window we can add the default account, it is our access to iCloud. However, in iOS 16 they removed this feature. This is probably because we are in beta and they have temporarily removed this option.
Besides removing some functions as we described above, we also have some new features in redistribution For some features that changed from iOS 16 to iOS 17. This isn’t a removal in and of itself, but it’s nice to know its new location.
- New icons: Apple has removed quite a few icons or modified many icons. For example, the VPN icon has been completely modified. In addition, in our profile we find new icons on each use of the Apple ID options. For example, we have new code for subscriptions, payments, shipping, login, security, and personal information. These icons are in grey, in a wired version. We don’t know if they will have color in the future.
- Contacts: In the previous generation, when we swipe down on a contact, the user profile icon was still there, but in iOS 17 they removed it. This newness can be a mistake because it is always important to know what we are working on.
- Safari: Privacy and Security section In Safari, many changes have been included in some sections. Specifically, we refer to “Fraudulent Website Warning, Ad Analytics to Protect Privacy, and Apple Pay Verification.” Now, these functions will be found in the advanced options of the Safari browser.
- Abbreviations: Apple has also modified the Shortcuts application and that when using the new version of iOS 17, we will see a new Shortcuts interface, and in the option to create automations, we will see a new interface and an automation section.