The strongest sports league in the United States and the most influential sports entertainment company in the world. There are things in common between the NFL and WWE That makes them successful and even “Mutual” talents For years, with episode stars like Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, John Cena Way The Rock After they taste the ferocity of American football
In a constant search for the best talent available in its ranks, Vince McMahon has turned to athletes from other disciplines in an effort to improve the scene for the audience. Strength, dexterity, agility and endurance are the qualities required in NFL To stand out, just like in WWETherefore, the synergy of these sports monsters has common names befitting the Hall of Fame.
WWE Wrestlers who Played in the NFL
- Brock LesnarOne of the greatest attractions in sports entertainment history that also brought his talent to the UFC. In your college years, the monster He wore the helmet and his first stint with WWE ended in 2004 as he tried on NFL deceives Los Minnesota Vikings.
- the rock: The highest paid actor in the world played in University of Miami As a defensive ending, his dream of becoming a professional did not come true. In the event of his financial bankruptcy, he decided to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather to train as a wrestler and the world of entertainment in the ring and on the big screen was not what he was.
- Roman times: The head of the table He was called out to be the next legend of the company, but before he reached the highest level in WWE he was a part of Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars As part of defensive teams.
- John Cena: Life took him to Hollywood to star in blockbuster movies, but for a decade and a half he was the most iconic face of WWE on the planet. What few know is that Navy He came to be chosen All-American at NCAA Division III, In the center position in the team Springfield College and Massachusetts.
- Goldberg: The man with Spear Destructive in history gained brute strength with football because She played in the NFL between 1992 and 1994 with the Atlanta Falcons. And “He returned to Mashawi” for the film The longest yard Along with other fighters such as Kevin Nash, The Great Kahly and Stone Cold Steve Austin, with Adam Sandler as the hero.
Among some of the active WWE Superstars who have competed in the National Football League: Mojo Rawley, Which was signed by Green Bay Packers, to later join Arizona Cardinals in 2010; Baron Corbyn As a striking streakman for the Indianapolis Colts and Arizona Cardinals; Titus O’Neal, The injury prevented him from playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars, but he did play in the Arena Football League.
NFL players who have appeared in WWE
In this mutual relationship, we also saw soccer stars get involved in wrestling. Recently it was Rob Gronkowski as WrestleMania 36 host He even won the championship 24/7, although his seed was planted long before the 33rd edition of Showcase of the Immortals, when he entered the ring to attack Jinder Mahal.
Long before Gronkovsky they were William Perry E. Lawrence TaylorOne of the best and scariest defenders in history. Fridge was at WrestleMania II within a battle royale and the second was measured in a formal fight against Bam Bam Bigelow at WrestleMania XI.
Additionally, we’ve seen other NFL stars show off their fanaticism for World Wrestling Entertainment, remembering Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews Show the then World Heavyweight Championship during her celebration of Super Bowl XLV.
NFL stadiums like WrestleMania venues
And the WrestleMania nicknamed Super Bowl of Lucha Libre It’s because of the size of the event, the names gathering and the high demand for tickets to be around once a year while the wrestlers make history between 12 series.
The third edition of Show WWE Shows In 1987 it was the first to be implemented in NFL StadiumToday Pontiac Silverado de DetroitMore than 93,000 people set an attendance record that was broken until 2016 in AT&T Stadium de los Dallas Cowboys, With more than 101 thousand fans.
Atlanta, New York, Phoenix, Miami, and New Orleans Other cities have NFL franchises that put their holdings at the service of maximum sporting entertainment and this year 2021 is their turn Tampa Bay, In the Raymond James Stadium For the pirate champ, hosting WrestleMania for the first time, in its 37th edition.
Video for USA only