Why Home Plant Care Helps Emotionally and What Made This Practice Grow Taste – Prensa Libre
One of the latest reports from the Guatemalan Exporters’ Association, Agexport, announced that having plants at home, taking care of them and watching them grow, has become a very strong trend in the past year.
People who worked from home wanted to buy plants and flowers to decorate their office spaces and gardens, put plants inside, and while recovery was taking place, many places like restaurants starting to reopen took advantage of the need to connect in a more natural way. space, says the statement.
Brigitte Oberuk, director of the Ornamental Plant Committee, adds: “Indoor plants absorb carbon dioxide and maintain oxygen flow, purify the air, and remove toxins… They help create comfortable environments while helping us function better through greater focus and better care.” , foliage and flowers from Agexport, who adds that this allowed the strip to grow.
In an interview published in Prensa Libre, psychologist Manuel Velazquez explained that garden contact, like other hobbies, are active breaks that develop skills and abilities that allow putting daily stress aside, developing focus and patience, and putting others to the test. .
The presence of plants has also been shown to improve productivity, focus and mood.
Alan Barrios, Director of Jardines del Paraíso and Gabriel Orany Falla, of Flora Nursery, agree that the pandemic has given people more time to take care of their plants and incorporate them into their daily lives, not only to purify the air but also to decorate spaces and feel more comfortable in their homes, when working from the home.
“Demand increased because people had the time and were encouraged to have their own gardens, as well as their own flowers and plants,” Barrios says.
Among the favorite plants and shades indoors, are aromatic plants such as celery, parsley, and thyme, as well as garden plants, among which there are flowers, roses, hydrangeas, as well as succulents and cacti, which are among the most famous, Barrios says.
Oranie adds that there is a special trend towards succulents and cacti. In general, Guatemala with its microclimate has more than 500 and three thousand species of plants, flowers and foliage.
If you want to join the trend and have plants at home, start with some that require no maintenance.
- When you go to the nurseries, talk to the experts so they can give you some recommendations for care and how to maintain your plants. “80% of plants die from over-watering and this is due to a lack of knowledge and therefore it is better to seek advice,” Barrios adds.
- The minimum conditions that almost all of us have in the house and consist in the correct lighting and air, as well as maintaining care with water and nutrition.
- In small spaces, look for options for placing pots and placing them on a balcony or elsewhere. Ficus, palm trees, and oilcloth are options that also grow in pots.
- If your love for nature goes further, you may dare to take a diploma or course in garden design, or learn how to create not only an orderly layout of gardens but also to have different species, trees or even plant food at home.
- Among the vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers and hot peppers are recommended. You can participate in the leadership program. The ideal is to investigate endemic species.
- Oranie says that caring for pots in general can require half an hour a week, and the time increases depending on the size of the garden in the house.
- Experts explain that on a physical level, a person also exercises, movement and sunbathing. Contact with the ground and texture is also important. “It has been shown that when children come into contact with the earth, different plants and tissues become a brain stimulator,” Velasquez adds.
- Touching nature’s colors helps you relax and breathes cleaner air. This is an activity that all family members can contribute to.
“Future teen idol. Hardcore twitter trailblazer. Infuriatingly humble travel evangelist.”