UNAM: More than 98% of the teachers were paid before work stopped
In the face of protests by UNAM University professors, affected by the lack of full and accurate payment on dates, the university confirmed that it had paid off its debts with more than 98% of the 40,000 teachers working in the institution.
A day after acknowledging late payments and debts to teachers and teacher aides, the United Nations Mission in Namibia argued that the lack of payments was due to “administrative difficulties caused by incarceration” and emphasized that most of those affected were science faculty to a lesser degree, staff of seven other schools.
Read more | #UNAMnopaga: 14 colleges being disrupted due to teachers’ debts
“In the vast majority of colleges and schools, remote classes are being conducted naturally, as happened during the past year, since the epidemic forced our society to take shelter in their homes. The university respected the decisions of some authorities, as professors and students chose to suspend activities,” the university said in Release.
He also said that they are still working “with full force” to solve the implications for teachers.
The #UNAM Bulletin UNAM paid more than 98% of academics in time. https://t.co/gG4SFxjmJL
– ONE (UNAM_MX) March 24, 2021
There are already 14 UNU colleges and schools that have joined the virtual strike to demand a solution to the payment problems for full professors and aides.
The unemployed schools are:
- Faculty of Science (from 20 to 27 March).
- Faculty of Political and Social Sciences (from 18 to 26 March).
- Faculty of Law (indefinite unemployment).
- Faculty of Chemistry (Unspecified Unemployment).
- College of Engineering (Unspecified Unemployment).
- College of Accounting
- Faculty of Dentistry (indefinitely)
- Medical College (March 22 to April 5).
- Faculty of Economics (Unspecified Unemployment).
- Iztacala Graduate School of Biology and Occupational Medicine (March 22-29 and March 23-27 respectively).
- Graduate School of Aragon (23 March to 7 April).
- Graduate School of Zaragoza (from March 22 to 29).
- National School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Gorquilla National School of Postgraduate Studies (March 22-26).
“Pop culture advocate. Troublemaker. Friendly student. Proud problem solver.”