the ninth day of Olympic Games Gives another medal to the Spanish delegation: Ray Zapata took the silver in the final floor behind Israeli Artem Dolgobat, who got exactly the same score as the Spaniard, 14,933, but took the gold because of the greater difficulty of his workout. It’s Spain’s first medal in gymnastics since Gervasio Dever’s silver on the floor in Beijing 2008. In the triple jump final, Venezuela’s Yulimar Rojas made history by breaking the world record in her last attempt: 15.67m. In the same test, the silver medal was won by Portugal’s Patricia Mamona, as Galician Ana Pelletiero beat the Spanish record twice to take the bronze with a jump of 14.87 metres. Spain already has seven minerals. In swimming, Caleb Dressel broke the Olympic record of 50 freestyle and took part in the world record in 4×100 strokes. In today’s test stars, Italian Lemon Marcel Jacobs, in the 100-meter final with a time of 9.80 seconds, became the heir to Usain Bolt. Jacobs is the new Olympic champion.
In team sports, the Spanish men’s handball team concluded the group stage by defeating Argentina (36-27), heading to the quarter-finals. The women’s basketball team beat Canada (66-76) and will avoid facing the United States in that round as well. The men’s team fell (87-95) to Slovenia Doncic, which they struggled to eliminate throughout the match. The team, led by Ricky and the Gasol brothers, will qualify for the quarter-finals in second place in Group C and will face the United States. It was the men’s hockey team that did not reach the semi-finals, which was eliminated by world champion Belgium 3-1.
- Athletics. Lemon Marcel Jacobs (9.80 s) won the Olympic gold in the 100 meters.
- Gymnastics. Ray Zapata, silver medalist in the round finale.
- Athletics. Ana Pelletiero (14.87 m), bronze in the triple jump final, won by Yulimar Rojas (new world record: 15.67 m) and Patricia Mamona (15.01 m). Adrian Penn qualifies for the 800m final.
- Basketball. Group Stage Final: Spain, 87; Slovenia, 95. The team goes to the quarter-finals as runner-up in the group and will face the United States in the quarter-finals, defeating the women’s team Canada 66-76 and proceeding to the quarter-finals as the leader of their group.
- handball. Last group stage match for the men’s team, Spain, 36 – Argentina, 27.
- Athletics. Laura Redondo was eliminated from the hammer throw, Fatma Diam was eliminated in the long jump and Oscar Husillos in the 400 metres. Carolina Robles qualified for the 3000m hurdles final.
- male hockey Belgium, 3 – Spain, 1, who were knocked out in the quarter-finals.
Check here all files Calendar for games Results and the medal table.
“Hardcore web nerd. Twitteraholic. Analyst. Reader. Coffee guru. Travel ninja. Amateur troublemaker. Zombie geek.”