Third dose for those over 40
Infections don’t stop rising in Europe, which for weeks has (again) become Epidemic center. The most affected countries are those that have the lowest vaccination rates, but the rate of infection continues to increase in countries such as Germany or UK, Well, the latter tries to save himself from hospitals and ICUs full of coronavirus patients. intention, among others, is also Save the Christmas Holidays campaign.
As such, it is urged, as highlighted sky News, For people over 40 to receive a booster dose of the coronavirus vaccine. Thus, the booster dose campaign is now open to people between the ages of 40 and 49, with the third dose reserved for those over the age of 50. Also, as of this Monday, 16 and 17 year olds can now make an appointment for a second dose Starting this Monday.
Avoid the pressure of the hospital
A worrying rise in cases in Europe prompts new advice ahead of the Christmas holidays, such as pushing for vaccinations and betting on a third dose. In this regard, the Health Secretary, Sajid Javidohas said that “getting a COVID booster vaccine is the best way to stay safe and protect family and friends during this winter.” In addition, they have also commented that they will help reduce pressure on the National Health System (NHS).
In this sense, he stressed that the country is monitoring a wide range of data “to make sure the country is safe” from an increase in cases “present in parts of Europe”. In this sense he has highlighted that The most important thing to do is “get the vaccine.”
so far total 14 million people have already received their third booster dose and over 50 million first doses (88.2%) and 46 million second doses (80.2%) have been delivered. as collected by Guardian, Vaccines are effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths, but protection decreases over time, especially in the elderly and at risk groups. The UK Booster Program aims to boost immunity before cases spike in winter.
No new restrictions expected (for now)
Javid told sky News, That no new restrictions are expected in the coming weeks and just as there has been speculation about Plan A, Plan B or Plan C, he has insisted that he is clearly betting on A. In this sense, the Health Secretary has said that action will be taken if required. That way, you haven’t completely closed the door on Plan B if necessary, though, “No. We are at this point”.
Weeks ago there was talk of a hypothetical ‘Plan C’ to implement tighter restrictions to tackle the coronavirus, as a senior British newspaper official confirmed. Guardian. The minister currently denies that the harshest steps are ahead, but the fact is that the current situation in the country makes it necessary to consider any alternative.
The ongoing ‘Plan A’ in the country today is seeing an increase in the number of cases and hospitalizations that do not stop. It seems that ‘Plan B’ is not doing enough to stop the transmission of the virus and instead could have a very serious impact on the economy. And ‘Plan C’ includes even more serious measures that no one wants to end up thinking about, he highlighted. politico.u
“Wannabe troublemaker. Pop culture fanatic. Zombie nerd. Lifelong bacon advocate. Alcohol enthusiast. Tv junkie.”