We announced it recently WhatsApp introduces a new feature called video messaging in the latest beta updates for iOS and Android. Thanks to this function, it is possible to share short videos of up to 60 seconds that are transmitted in real time. This new feature is only available to some beta testers, we have already tested the new tool and in this article we will tell you the details of how to do it!
How to send new Video Messages on WhatsApp: Step by step guide
The process is simple, you just have to click on the microphone and if it changes to a video icon, it’s because you already have the function. You can now go to test if you already have this new feature in case you are a beta user. It’s important to clarify, again, that WhatsApp is just introducing video messaging in the latest beta updates for iOS and Android, and it’s expected to reach more people in the coming weeks.
You may not have this feature available, although you can choose to switch to the beta version to receive new features beforehand. Next, let’s see how to do it step by step:
- Sign up for the WhatsApp beta program and download the app (at the end, a step-by-step guide on how to do it).
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to a chat or chat
- Tap on the microphone icon, just tap on it. If you change to video, it’s because you already have the job.
- Press and hold the video icon and you’re done.
The following screenshot shows the icon indicated by an arrow. We can also see how the new feature is already available to some beta users. It is possible that the user who receives the video will appear as an “incompatible message” if the update is not available, but according to what we have tested, it is delivered to any recipient without any problem.
explains WabetaInfo Because a video message is being recorded and sent in real time, it provides a sense of immediacy compared to a video you previously recorded earlier. The port adds that since the recipient knows that the video was recorded recently, he looks at multimedia content more confidently and significantly increases his authenticity.
These new features, before being released to the public, first go through a testing phase with WhatsApp Beta. If you want to try new features early, here’s how to do it:
Anyway, you can simply search for “WhatsApp Beta” in Google Chrome. If you cannot do it this way, then do so by following the steps below:
- Open a page WhatsApp beta program in the browser. (connection: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp/).
- Click on the button with the text “Become a tester”.
- Go to Google Play, search for WhatsApp and you will see that you can already install the beta version.
- Download the application to your mobile phone and that’s it.
Share the science, share the knowledge.
“Pop culture advocate. Troublemaker. Friendly student. Proud problem solver.”