MISS Paraw Regatta 2019, which anchored in the cultural concept of the Iloilo Paraw Regatta Festival, the country’s oldest sailing sports event in Southeast, introduced 23 beautiful Ilongga beauties as official candidates during the grand launching at Robinsons Place Iloilo on Dec 18, 2018.
Miss Paraw Regatta is considered the oldest city-wide beauty pageant in Iloilo City which began in the late 1960s.
Throughout the decades, the pageant was revived, transformed, and elevated as a regional competition that annually crowns the festival queen of the Iloilo Paraw Regatta. It also searches for the next cultural ambassadress of Iloilo City and the Western Visayas region.
Miss Paraw Regatta winners are sent to the annual Reyna ng Aliwan beauty pageant, Miss Earth Philippines, Miss Filipinas Heritage, Mutya ng Pilipinas, and produced the first Miss Paraw Regatta winner that competed for an international beauty pageant – the Miss Heritage Global 2017 in South Africa.
It created a timeless legacy in the regional pageantry, advancement for cultural promotion, and advocating marine biodiversity preservation as a maritime-based celebration embodied by the most beautiful women in the region.
Miss Paraw Regatta also evolved into a beauty-for-a-cause competition and a powerhouse beauty pageant that takes pride in bridging the past, the present, and the future in terms of heritage and culture. It is the first beauty pageant to introduce multiple official theme songs and regional participants in 2014.
This year’s pageant is steered by the Iloilo Paraw Regatta Foundation, Inc. through its president Dr. Ronald Raymund Sebastian. The new organizing team is headed by MPR executive producer and creative director, Dr. Regil Palmares, pageant director Hector Totong Gellangarin and the Iloilo City Tourism Office.
Miss Paraw Regatta 2019 will take the journey of the 23 official candidates to a whole new level of inspiring experience towards winning the three most-coveted crowns such as Miss Paraw Regatta Queen, Miss Paraw Regatta Eco-Tourism, and Miss Paraw Regatta Heritage.
The rest of the candidates will be called honorary “cultural princesses” who will carry the heritage promotion of Iloilo City and Western Visayas.
The 23 passionate Miss Paraw Regatta 2019 candidates are:
- Clea May Gumaquil (Pavia, Iloilo)
- Trizha May Esposo (Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo)
- Gheneza Mueller (Kabangkalan City, Negros Occidental)
- Kate Bayogos (Pototan, Iloilo)
- Janine Belita (San Dionesio, Iloilo)
- Bavelyn Galanza (Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo)
- Cindy Abegail Monte (Jaro, Iloilo City)
- Antonette Fajardo (Dao, Capiz)
- Mariam Lara Asraf Abd El Hamid (Province of Capiz)
- Glydine Dumilag (Leganes, Iloilo)
- Jhoanna Marie Mullick (Badiangan, Iloilo)
- Jenieva Basultin (Barotac Viejo, Iloilo)
- Anna Andrea Liboon (Oton, Iloilo)
- Ma. Eloisa Murquia (Pototan, Iloilo)
- Ma. Janniel Banares (Guimbal, Iloilo)
- Marielle Mae Jagolino (Dumangas, Iloilo)
- Lovely Gail Aperocho (Roxas City, Capiz)
- Diana Dawn Einosas (Bago City, Negros Occidental)
- Dolly Jane Pimentel (SK Capiz)
- Elmarie Dewara (Altavas, Aklan)
- Jhelyn Guion (Sta. Barbara, Iloilo)
- Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay (Jaro, Iloilo City)
- Trisha Louise Sianson (La Paz, Iloilo City).
Support your favorite candidate and follow more pageant updates in Miss Paraw Regatta official Facebook page.