Illegal drug raps against contractor now in RTC

Illegal drug raps against

contractor now in RTC

By: Dolly Yasa

BACOLOD City – “A vindication.”

S/Supt. Ricardo Dela Paz, police chief here, said that the filing of the drug charges against suspected drug lord Angelo Bongco by the City Prosecutor’s Office to the Regional Trial Court here is a vindication on their part.

Dela Paz confirmed that the prosecutor’s office has filed three charges against Bongco in court Friday.

Earlier, policemen who testified against Bongco were accused of framing up the suspected drug lord.

Bongco’s relatives said his arrest was a set up, and that the seized 717 ecstasy tablets were planted.

Dela Paz said two of three cases against Bongo are not bailable, explaining that the illegal drugs found in Bongco’s possession amounted to 30 grams.

Aside from the drug charges, Bongco also faces a case for illegal possession of ammunitions that commands a bail of P80,000, Dela Paz said.

 

Bongco was remitted by the Bacolod Police to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology here where he will detained while his cases are tried in court.

Bongco, 40, an architect by profession, was arrested by police operatives in a buy-bust operation at Palmas del Mar here recently.

Police seized from his possession 717 tablets of ecstasy with a market value of more than P1 million.

In a press conference held last week, his elder brother, Eduardo Bongco Jr. together with their father Eduardo Sr. denied Angelo is a drug lord.

Leave a Reply

*