BACOLOD City – A total of 1,098 police personnel were deployed during the Send-off Ceremony of Troops and Resources at the Panaad Stadium, Bacolod City during the first day of the Panaad sa Negros Festival on April 14, 2018.
A press statement from the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office stated thatthis consisted of 825 PNP personnel from the NOCPPO, BCPO, Maritime Police, HPG and other support units of the PNP; and 273 personnel from the AFP, PCG, BFP, BJMP, NDRRMC, BTAO, rescue and other civilian volunteers.
The police will work on the following public safety measures:
- Police Assistance Desks/Hubs will be established in strategic areas and in the vicinity of Panaad Park and stadium. The public may approach any PNP personnel for assistance and concerns.
- Education, and Communication (IEC) materials with hotline numbers will be distributed to the public for safety tips and prevention of crimes.
- Gun ban will be implemented in relation to the suspension of all Permits to Carry Firearms Outside of Residence (PTCFOR) order from the Camp Crame in Brgy. Mansilingan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental and the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Election period.
- The PNP stressed that it is prohibited to bring bladed weapons and other sharp objects, reminding everyone to drink alcoholic beverages moderately.
- Signal jam of the different service providers of mobile phones will be implemented on April 20, 2018 during the Lin-ay Sang Negros.Organizers said that it will be the strictly no ticket-no entry policy will be implemented during the pageant.
- Carpooling is recommended to prevent traffic jams and parking congestion. Improperly parked vehicles will be towed.
- Vendors and tourists are reminded to keep their children close and place an identification card with a contact number of the parents on the child’s pocket. The PNP has recently recorded one incident of a lost child.
- Tourists and vendors are advised to be vigilant and inform immediately to authorities any untoward incidents and suspicious packages or bags.