The Choosing a soft ball The female you will represent Mexico On Tokyo 2020 They will wear the national colors, but with great privacy in that Spanish talks, trainings and technical talks do not prevail But English because it is a team that consists mostly of Mexican America.
Among the 15 players called up to the team that aspires to the medal, 14 Born In The United Statesokay then Stefania Arradillas I did it in it Mexico, in the country’s capital. She is the only one who speaks Spanish as a first language with Sachel Palacios, Originally from Chula Vista, California.
“Others speak Spanish, but they feel a little sad because the tone is clear. Anyway they are Mexican like everyone else Who was born in the state here in the country,” said the vice president Mexican Softball FederationAnd the Maria del Carmen Alanis.
“they They are of Mexican parents Which brings Mexican roots. It makes sense that your exercises and conversations Take them in English“.
Mexico It has become a global contender since it started make pictures On United State, where there is a great sports infrastructure at the female and university level, thanks to NCAA College Softball (National Athletics Association), which has one of the best levels in the sport.
“It must be recognized that in United State play better soft ball And we know it, they’ve stayed”ScoutsAnd they were called. The top 15 players were selected. Alanis.
Ranking reached in 2019
rating this group He beat Canada 2-1 On the Americas Softball Super Bowl Qualifiers of the World Baseball and Softball Federation (WBSC) in September 2019, when he won all six games with only two games allowed and instead scored 43 goals.
“History was made when I got the pass as undefeated in Canada. The team is very competitive, we are looking for a dream that already exists, which is to make it come true Olympic Games And now we will look for more, what is that medal, added the Federation.
Mexico It is one of the six ranked teams in soft ball To Tokyo 2020 and the tournament will be held at first round From July 21 to 26 in an all against all format.
It will be the first sport to be active because of the opening Olympic Games It will be on July 23. The first two teams of first round He will take the gold medal on the 27th of this month, when the bronze will also be disputed between the third and fourth best team in first round.
Mexico She will open her post on July 22 before Canada, to play against her later Japan (23 July), United State (25 July), Italy (July 26) and Australia (27 July).
Mexico He began to strive to be the protagonist of pan america games From 2011 with Rolando Guerrero As a manager, who decided to turn to him United State In the process led today Carlos Bernades, the team manager who will be in Tokyo.
One of the keys was building youth teams, so much so that today they work with girls from 6 years old, which made it possible to leave the days when Mexico I lost with teams like Argentina s GuatemalaInstead, today it is one of the six best on the planet.
It’s the Mexican Olympics
- Brittany Maria Cervantes Buckler (Chatsworth, California)
- Dallas Jade Escobedo Josh (Glendale, Arizona)
- Daniel Dennis O’Toole Moreno (Upland, California)
- Stefania Aradillas Alanís (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Anissa Nicole Ortiz Harrison (Long Beach, California)
- Sierra Denai Highland Panuelos (Vysalia, California)
- Chelsea Ann Gonzalez Navarro (La Habra, California)
- Sashel Aitiana Palacios Barajas (Chula Vista, California)
- Victoria Rhea Vidalis Goodman (Laporte, Texas)
- Amanda Elizabeth Sanchez Perez (West Covina, California)
- Taylor Elizabeth McKellen Quintanilla (Tucson, Arizona)
- Sidney Joy Romero Gibson (Moretta, California)
- Tatiana Marie Forbes and Lance (Redmond, Washington)
- Nicole Rangel Mendes (Houston, Texas)
- Susanna Lillian Brookshire Gonzalez (Holister, California)