Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are ready to return to work. The royal couple, through production company Archewell Productions, announced their first venture on Netflix Tuesday: a documentary series on Invictus Games, which Harry co-founded in 2014, and Athletes.
“ Heart of Invictus, by Oscar-winning director Orlando von Ensidel and producer Joanna Natasgara, will follow a host of exceptional competitors from around the world, all members of the military who have suffered injuries or life-changing illnesses., On their way to the Invictus Games in The Hague 2020, scheduled Now in 2022, Netflix announced in a statement.
“Since the first Invictus games in 2014, we have known that each competitor will contribute uniquely to a mosaic of endurance, determination and determination.” Prince Harry, 36, said in his own statement: “This series will provide communities around the world a window into the touching and upscale stories of these people. The competitors are on their way to the Netherlands next year. “
“As the first Archewell Productions series with Netflix, in association with the Invictus Games Foundation, I couldn’t be more excited about the next trip or more proud of the Invictus community for our ongoing inspiration for global healing, human potential and service.” The Duke of Sussex added to the press release.
Markle and her husband signed a multi-year contract with Netflix last September, shortly after leaving their commitments as members of the royal family, to produce films, documentaries, and children’s shows.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the team at Archewell Productions are building an ambitious roster that reflects the values and causes they hold dear,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer at Netflix.
“From the moment I met them, it was evident that Invictus Games held a very special place in their hearts, and I am not happier that their first Netflix series is showing it to the world in a way it has never been before,” he added.
Netflix co-CEO Reed Hastings provided some clues last year about the Sussex family’s access to the platform and predicted that Megan and Harry will create “some of the most exciting and most viewed content in the next year”.