Alleged NPA leader in Panay nabbed

ALLEGED New People’s Army-Komiteng Rehiyon Panay (NPA-KRP) leader Salvador Hisuan was arrested in Iloilo City on Oct 9, 2018. (CIDG photo)

AN ALLEGED ranking leader of the New People’s Army-Komiteng Rehiyon Panay (NPA-KRP) was apprehended after years of eluding authorities.

Salvador Hisuan, who goes by the aliases Pepe and Speed, was collared while going out of a department store at Plazoleta Gay are on Ledesma Street, City Proper district, Iloilo City around 5:45 p.m. on Oct. 9, 2018.

Members of the Crime Investigation and Detection Group 6, the Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO), and the Philippine Army’s 301st Infantry Brigade Intelligence Task Group arrested Hisuan by virtue of an arrest warrant for murder with the use of an unlicensed firearm in Criminal Case Number 11-1187-10.

Judge Daniel Antonio Gerardo Amular of the Regional Trial Court Branch 21 in Mambusao, Capiz issued the arrest warrant on July 16, 2012.

Hisuan is the alleged commander of the Regional Sentro De Grabidad (RSDG) or the Regional Operations Command (ROC) of the NPA-KRP. His co-accused are 12 other NPA members, three of whom are women, including NPA leaders Gaspar Matullano alias Mayok and Francisco Balois alias Tonying.

According to Colonel Benedict Arevalo, 301st IB commander, Hisuan was charged for the killing of Corporal Joebert Glindro on March 2011 in Tapaz, Capiz.

Suspected NPA members allegedly abducted the soldier and brought him to a cemetery, where he was tortured and killed.

Hisuan was also linked to the killing of Captain Abelardo Motia of the 12th Infantry Battalion who was gunned down during a fiesta in Dumarao, Capiz on Aug. 5, 2006.

Motia, who was the Training and Civil-Military Operations Office of the 12IB, succumbed to ten gunshot wounds inflicted by alleged rebel hit men of NPA’s Central Front Committee.

Hisuan was also involved in the landmine attack on 47th Infantry Battalion and Scout Rangers troopers at Barangay Datagan, Calinog, Iloilo.

Arevalo said that Hisuan, as the NPA’s ROC commander, was also responsible for the burning of equipment of those who did not give in to their extortion demands. The ROC is also responsible for the NPA’s SPARU operations.



Following his arrest, Hisuan claimed he already left the movement four years ago. But he failed to present any documents that he went through the surrender process.

Hisuan claimed to have surrendered to join the mainstream society.

But reports indicated that he yielded after he was diagnosed with a lung disease and had to undergo treatment and medication.”

Prior to his arrest, he allegedly met an authority and was promised of his “surrender papers” by Monday.

“I didn’t know I have an arrest warrant,” he claimed.

Hisuan said he stayed with his family in Pavia after his supposed surrender.

After leaving the NPA, he met his live-in partner with whom he had a 2-year-old child.

But a few months after giving birth to their child, the woman left him and went to Manila.

Leave a Reply