All 22 barangays of Mina town in Iloilo will be formally declared as drug-cleared on June 19, 2018.
This, after the Regional Oversight Committee declared all barangays in Mina as illegal drug-free, according to Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) assistant regional director Thessa Albano.
The committee is comprised of the regional directors of PDEA, Philippine National Police, Department of Health, and Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).
“But as to the declaration of the whole municipality, it is still subject to the approval of the four regional directors,” Albano said.
Based on Dangerous Drugs Board Regulation No. 3, a barangay must meet the following criteria to earn a drug-cleared status:
- non-availability of illegal drugs,
- absence of drug transshipment activity,
- absence of clandestine drug laboratories,
- absence of clandestine drug warehouses,
- no marijuana cultivation,
- no drug dens and drug users/pushers,
- no drug protectors, and
- active participation of barangay officials and Sangguniang Kabataan in the anti-drug campaign.
The blessing and inauguration of Mina PNP Barracks and Mess Hall will also be held on the same day.