The pandemic has made us appreciate the importance of science as a pillar of human well-being. Advances in this area, such as vaccines, have been essential to better recover from the crisis and address other global challenges such as poverty, inequality and climate change. “As we humans grow, the world and technology advance more and more and we need to be prepared from an early age to excel. Learning science is learning to think, ask questions, solve problems and make informed decisions. These skills are integral to all aspects of a student’s education and life, from stage Elementary through high school., mentions Raul Diaz Miranda, founder of Bioliceo, the first virtual school specializing in science and part of the StartUPC portfolio.
Mine: What is the 5E model and how does it enhance learning?
“Having a strong background in science makes a student do well in life. They can quickly return to other areas of study or work with basic science-related skills.”, points to Raul Diaz and shares some reasons to promote science from an early age:
- Improving critical thinking: Scientific concepts usually begin with an idea followed by an experiment to prove that idea through technical methods and analysis. The scientific method dictates a logical way to approach unfamiliar topics, ensuring that students can learn how to link theoretical and practical work. Like gas for a stove, science is the fuel that accelerates young minds to reach peak performance.
- Develop a passion for learning: The excitement of discovering why the sun sets in the east, why the skies are blue, how fish breathe water, and other fascinating everyday sights is naturally fascinating. Science nurtures a natural curiosity that makes students think and encourages them to explore the mysteries that can be observed everywhere.
- Science raises many disciplines: In order for one to understand science, one needs a solid understanding of other core areas of study. For example:
- knowledge Mathematical Concepts It is a useful prerequisite for qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- The scientific method relies on technical skills, such as careful observation of the world around us and the ability to conduct highly controlled experiments.
- Presenting findings in scientific reports teaches the values of objectivity and comprehensiveness.
- It’s the future: It is hard to think of an aspect of life that is not supported by science to some extent. It is an integral part of various fields, from agriculture to high-tech and everything in between. The next generation deserves a solid science education to help prepare them for what lies ahead. In a world where new scientific breakthroughs appear seemingly every hour, a scientific background ensures that students are not left behind by the ever-changing tide of the technological wave.
- Generating Long-Term Opportunities: After all, one of the main reasons kids go to school is to have a job, which is a good thing about that. By strengthening skills based on logic and mathematics, children with scientific backgrounds have tremendous opportunities ahead of them. Science learning opportunities extend to careers within and beyond the scientific fields, and extend into areas such as business, engineering, information technology, and healthcare.
Mine: Face-to-face classes: What protocols should schools follow?
“Future teen idol. Hardcore twitter trailblazer. Infuriatingly humble travel evangelist.”