Key quotes you need to follow today | national and international economy
this Friday, March 31st It’s an important day for shareholders’ meetings in Spain. Three of the most important companies of Ibex celebrate their most important event. CaixaBankThus, he put to a vote the re-election of the CEO, Gonzalo Gortazar, as CEO for a further four-year term, and the appointment of Peter Loescher as an independent director to fill the vacant position of John S. Reid, who tendered his resignation; It also proposes distributing 1,730 million dividends and increasing executives’ bonuses. for his part, Santander Vote for the re-election of Anna Botín and ratify the appointment and re-election of Hector Gracey as Director. Likewise, the directors’ remuneration policy will be put to a vote. finally, phone She’s also holding a shareholder meeting, with a bonus plan on the table.
- Title Ford Spain He sits down again with the unions to discuss the scope of the ERE that the company wants to implement in the Mussafah plant, which, in principle, affects 19% of the workforce, i.e. just over 1,100 workers.
- President of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagardeappearing before the European Council in Brussels (17:00 hours).
- Bank of Spain report on Public debt for the various public administrations at the end of 2022. Similarly, it reports on the progress of the Balance of Payments corresponding to the month of January.
- Get on the investors’ radar inflation data. It was posted today Eurozone CPI advance for March. It is expected to drop to 7.2% (from 8.5% previously), marking the fifth consecutive decline from last October’s high of 10.6%. If it meets expectations, it will be the biggest percentage drop this year, largely driven by the base effect: Russia invaded Ukraine in late February last year, and commodity prices were at their highest levels in March. “Although this data may mean a break for the ECB, there are fears that it may rebound again in the coming months,” says Joaquín Robles, an analyst at XTB.
- It is also known in Europe The unemployment rate in the eurozoneGerman retail sales for February and UK fourth quarter GDP.
- in United State It is known as the deflator of consumption (PCE). This is Federal Reserve (Fed) related data and it now stands at 5.4%. The Chicago Purchasing Managers’ Index and five-year inflation expectations from the University of Michigan were also released.
- in the area Asia PacificThe main indicators are China’s manufacturing PMI and current account balance. In Japan, the unemployment rate and retail sales development for February were reported.
- Also in the Far East continues the official visit of the Spanish President, Pedro Sanchez, With an agenda that includes a meeting with the President of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping, in addition to a series of meetings with Spanish and Chinese businessmen in various forums.
- economic vice president, Nadia Calvino Participate in the forum Towards a new economic paradigm?at the London School of Economics, in London, at 4:00 pm (Spanish time).
And something to keep in mind: 12 years. This is the maximum amount of time an employee can require to take advantage of remote work, according to the new family law.
The news that is still talking
If you’d like to receive this agenda first thing in the morning, you can sign up this link
Follow all information for five days in FacebookAnd Twitter And linkedin
“Future teen idol. Hardcore twitter trailblazer. Infuriatingly humble travel evangelist.”