There are many operating systems for mobile phones, however, the most used worldwide are the following: iOS developed by Apple, and AndroidCreated by the technology giant Google. Both went through different versions, while the robotic brand started with Android 1.1 Banana bread, it recently launched Android 12; Meanwhile, Apple devices started with iPhone OS 1.0 and now have iOS 15. This time we’ll show you the steps so you know what version of your mobile phone is currently.
Why is it important to know which version of Android NS iOS I have? Simple, as the years go by, technological advancements and some applications are no longer compatible with very old operating systems or mobile phones, this is because applications are constantly updated and need to release new security patches.
A clear example of this is that WhatsApp, the world’s most used instant messaging platform, announced that since November 1st, it will not be compatible with mobile phones running Android 4.0.4. Or less, on the other hand, the same thing happens with Apple smartphones, as iOS 10.3.3 or older mobiles will forever tell the aforementioned Meta app.
HOW TO KNOW MY ANDROID VERSION
- Open the phone’s “Settings” app, you can locate it with the sprocket (gear) icon.
- Now, slide the space bar down to find and enter the “System” > “Advanced Settings” > “System Update” section.
- Finally, check here the version Android and the level of security patch for your computer.
Another way on Android
- Open the phone’s “Settings”.
- Go to the last part until you find “About phone”, tap on that option.
- Then go to “Program Information”.
- Where it says “Android version” is the one you currently have, even if you touch it a few times you get an animation.
How do I know my iOS version
- This process works with iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch devices.
- The first step is to go to “Settings”.
- Now, find and enter the “General” section.
- Next, find the “About” option and click on it.
- Here you will see which iOS version you currently have.
Are you bored in your spare time? Not sure what to do apart from browsing social networks? Well, we recommend you to try the most downloaded Android games of the week, and you can learn about them by clicking HereAnd follow the steps in the note to install it on your device.
“Pop culture advocate. Troublemaker. Friendly student. Proud problem solver.”