Clear the iPhone or iPad’s cache It can be a good way to reclaim space on your device. If you run out of space it could affect your speed so it’s a way to get things back on track. Clearing the cache can also help you solve errors in your favorite apps, and prevent them from recurring when you open them again.
How to clear the cache of an iPhone or iPad
In general, the cache is what Used to save frequently used images and files Depending on device applications. By storing it there, the iPhone or iPad avoids constantly requesting this data, which leads to the device’s operation speed up. Apps like Twitter, Telegram or WhatsApp are the typical ones that use this memory, although they are not the only ones.
Clear Safari cache
Safari is the last of the Applications that usually store items In iPhone’s cache. If you encounter frequent errors on a website Or you just need to scratch some Megabyte Space, it is good to do the following:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings> Safari.
- Go to the Privacy and Security section, and click on Clear History and Website Data.
- Confirm the next dialog box to delete these items.
With this simple gesture, You will have cleared the Safari cache on your iPhone or iPad. Do keep in mind that it will be erased on all devices where you use the same Apple account. After that, you should regularly enter your access data for all the websites you access.
Force restart to clear some caches
By forcing restarting your iPhone You can clear some caches, but not all of them. Force restart, also known as Hard to resetIt depends on the iPhone model we have in our hands:
- iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE 2, and iPhone 8: Press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button while holding the Side button. We will drop it when we see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 7: Press and hold the Volume Down button and turn off iPhone until you see the Apple logo.
- Other iPhones: Press and hold the Home button and Lock iPhone button until you see the Apple logo.
How to clear a third-party app’s cache
Some third-party apps contain Prepare to clear cache. This is the case of Slack, where in order to erase this memory, you only need to do the following:
- On iPhone or iPad, we go to Settings> Slack. It will be near the end of the app list.
- At the bottom, we will see the option to reset the cache at the next startup. We’ll mark it to be active.
That way, when we open the app again, all these items will be deleted from its cache and it will download them again. If it is an app that gives us problems or that we want to empty our cache This option does not existWe must do the following:
- Settings> General> iPhone Storage.
- You search for the app in question and click on it.
- Two options will be offered, one of which is to uninstall the app while preserving its documents and data or to completely remove the app. In our case, we are interested in the second option.
To recover the application, Just go to the app storeFind it and download it. But be careful, make sure that this app is still in the Apple Store before deleting anything, lest the developer or the company themselves pull it off.