How to convert an Excel file into a Google Spreadsheet
It’s easy to convert Excel files to a Google Spreadsheet, and here’s how to do it.
When it comes to spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel is the obligatory reference, because it not only allows you to record and manage information in an easy and organized way, but also has an infinite number of functions that make everything easier. It is very easy, for example, to convert files from PDF to Excel, but what if you want to convert an Excel file into a Google Spreadsheet?
If you want to know the answer, you can’t stop reading this article, but we expect you to With Microsoft Excel almost anything is possible.
Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel, perfect combination
Google Sheets is a free web application developed by the wonderful G, and it is one of the best alternatives to Microsoft Excel for Create and edit spreadsheets. There are many scenarios in which you would like to open Excel files with Google Sheets, and fortunately, it is possible to do so in just a few steps.
If you are looking for a solution to such a situation, then you are in luck, because Google Sheets can open file formats XLS, XLSM, XLS, XLTX, XLT, And importing spreadsheets from Excel is a piece of cake. If your spreadsheet file was created by any version of Excel later than Excel 1995, Google Sheets can open it without any problem.
How to import Excel spreadsheets into Google Sheets
Importing or converting Excel files to Google Sheets is very simple, and consists of one main step, which is Upload your Excel file to Google Drive. But here we detail the steps you need to follow to do so:
- Opens Google Drive on your computer.
- Then go to the directory where you want to download excel file.
- Click + new at the top left of the page.
- Select the option upload a file.
- Choose your file and click Opens.
- Google Drive will now start uploading your Excel file. Once you have finished uploading the file, you can double click on it Open it instantly with Google Sheets.
- From now on, Google Sheets will allow you to access version history, comments, and many other features of your Excel file, and You can edit and share it with your colleagues and friends.
- In addition to Excel files, Google Sheets can also open files ODS, CSV, TXT, TSV and TAB Like spreadsheets.
While it is true that Excel is The world’s most popular spreadsheet application, There are situations in which you will probably want to open Excel files using the Google Sheets application. Whether you prefer Google Sheets or simply want to work on the same file with your colleagues in real time, you can easily import your files into the Google-owned service and work on them from there.
Now that you know how to do that, you can transfer any of your Excel files to Google Sheets with all its elements and functions, such as comments and revision history, among other things. It’s time to move your papers to the cloud and Make data rain.
“Pop culture advocate. Troublemaker. Friendly student. Proud problem solver.”