In turn, data brokers or data brokers sell the databases to other interested parties, including the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the US Department of Defense. Usually because Life360’s data is very accurate in tracking navigation trends.
In connection with the marketing of data for minors, Life360 has confirmed not to sell it for marketing or advertising purposes.
He also argued that they do not provide user identification data, although employees consulted by The Markup noted that the company “is not taking precautions to ensure that the sites’ histories cannot be traced back to people”.
How does the Life360 app work?
Life360 shares location with a specific circle of users, usually family and friends.Always by invitation. Based on GPS technology, it also tracks and records your driving habits and speeds, and as described on Google Play, it allows users to:
- See your family’s location on an invitation-only map.
- Choose when to share your location with each circuit.
- Chat individually or with all Life360 Circle members.
- Receive alerts when your family member arrives somewhere.
- Track a lost or stolen phone.
“Pop culture advocate. Troublemaker. Friendly student. Proud problem solver.”