It doesn’t have to be February to show some love. We should show our love everyday, especially for our eyes. Our eyes are basically the primary sense we rely on most, so it is only natural that we take extra care of it. And in this modern world, our eyes are at more risk than you might know. Here are some modern day problems that affect them:
Computer & mobile screens overload
This is one of the biggest causes of eye problems today, especially for Filipinos.We can’t avoid it. Most of us work 8 to 10 hours a day in front of computer screens at our office. And when we are not at work, we pull out our smartphones. As the world’s 3rd largest and fastest growing market for smartphones, we spend an average of 3 hours a day on our mobile. Exposing our eyes to the screens for hours at a time can cause eyestrain, headaches, dry eyes and double vision.
Going outside can now put your eyes at risk, too! For many of us living in the metro, daily exposure to pollution is not new. And I’m sure you have experienced some degree of eye irritation like dryness or itching, watery eyes, or red eyes due to the traffic fumes, dust and smoke as you commute to and from work or school.
And as we age, we become more prone to cataracts, glaucoma, and long-sightedness. The good thing here is that these are treatable, but we don’t seek treatment before these become a serious problem.
This August, as we celebrate Sight Saving Month, it is never too late to start changing some of our habits to reduce the eye risks we face in this modern world. Here are some tips that could help you take better care of your eyes:
- Don’t smoke. This might be a good reason to quit.
- Take regular breaks while doing computer work. Use the 20/20/20 rule: look away from the screen every 20 minute for about 20 seconds at something 20 feet away to recharge your eyes
- Wear UV protected sunglasses that protect your eyes from UVA and UVB rays. Wear them even on cloudy days.
- See your ophthalmologist or eye doctor and have your eyes checked.
- If you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, make sure these conditions are under control. Be sure to have regular check-ups with your doctors.
- Eat at least 5 servings daily of fruits and vegetables. These good sources of essential vitamins and minerals your eyes need like Vitamins A, E and C.
You can also check out Generika Drugstore’s NutrawellLutein with Beta-Carotine Plus Food Supplement. It is an excellent source of Lutein,one of the carotenoids found in many fruits and vegetablesthat helps prevent macular degeneration and the formation of cataracts.It also contains the optimal dosage of beta-carotene, Vitamin A, C and Ethat boosts eye health and Selenium and Zinc tohelp the body absorb the Vitamins A and E.
Nutrawellis Generika Drugstore’s own lineof quality and affordable food supplementsthat make healthcare and wellness more accessible for everyone, regardless of age.
So if you really love your eyes, show some TLC. Take care of them by giving them ample rest from everyday stress, protect them from the dangers of the urban environment and nourish them with the nutrients they need with Generika Drugstore’s NutrawellLutein with Beta-Carotene Plus.
For more information about Nutrawell products, visit generika.com.ph/products/nutrawell.