THE Iloilo provincial government awarded the top real property and business taxpayers for the year 2016 in a simple ceremony held at the Capitol on Apr 10, 2017.
Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. along with other provincial officials distributed the plaques and certificates to the awardees.
The top real property taxpayers were:
1) San Buena Integrated Farm, Inc. (P5,321,667.02) – Banate;
2) National Irrigation Administration (P5,022,987.46) – Oton;
3) Universal Robina Corp. (P3,789,663.52) – San Enrique;
4) Communities, Iloilo, Inc. (P3,559,193.57) – Pavia;
5) Property Company of Friends (P2,988,075.94) – Pavia;
6) New Panay Agri-Ventures Development Inc. (P2,676,795.21) – Pavia;
7) Coca Cola Bottlers Phils., Inc. (P2,523,956.56) – Pavia;
8) San Miguel Corp. (P2,120,995.24) – Leganes;
9) St. Rafael Development Corp. (P1,989,950.98) – Pavia;
10) Palm Concepcion Powe Corp. (P1,925,066) – Concepcion.
The top business taxpayers were:
1) Coca-Cola Bottlers FEMSA Phils (P9,990,011.12) – Pavia;
2) 8990 Housing Devt. Corp. (5,362,602) – Pavia;
3) Pepsi Cola Products, Phils., Inc. (P4,273,687) – San Miguel;
4) Gaisano Capital-Oton Store (P4,029,694.38) – Oton;
5) Communities Iloilo, Inc. (3,789,644.16) – Pavia;
6) SPC Island Power Corp. (P3,794,416.29) – Dingle;
7) San Miguel Foods, Inc. (P3,654,873.16) – Pavia;
8) Property Company of Friends (P3,629,010) – Pavia;
9) New Panay Agri-Ventures Devt. Inc. (2,735,160.76) – Pavia;
10) San Miguel Foods, Inc. (P1,741,370.53) – Leganes.
Also given citations were the top performers in realty tax collection with the Municipality of Santa Barbara on first place in Category A and Banate for Category B.
The Top Performers in the Prompt Remittance of Provincial Tax Shares were also awarded with the Municipality of Bingawan as topnotcher.
Meanwhile, the Municipality of Estancia bagged first place as top performer in tax records management.
The Municipal Treasury Office of Oton was awarded Hall of Fame in Tax Records Management due to its excellent performance in Tax Records Management for three consecutive years (2014-2016).
The Municipal Treasury Office of San Enrique, on the other hand, was recognized as the most active municipality in the conduct of real property tax campaigns in the barangays. (Erly Garcia)