BACOLOD City – Suspected top drug personality Ricky Serenio will be moved back to Police Regional Office (PRO-18) headquarters here once his 30-day protective custody under the Pulupandan Municipal Police Station expires this month.
Chief Superintendent Renato Gumban, PRO-18 director, said they are about to finish the holding cell at Camp Alfredo Montelibano in Barangay Estefania where Serenio could be incarcerated until the court allows to move him to Camp Crame in Manila.
“Once the order expires, we will request the court to move Serenio to our custody,” Gumban said.
But if the court denies PRO-18’s petition, Serenio could be transferred to the custody of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) in Bacolod City instead since the court has already issued a commitment order.
The next court hearing for Serenio is on May 19, 2017.
Previously, Gumban said they are planning to transfer Serenio to the PNP national police headquarters in Camp Crame after he was declared as high value target.
He also tagged Serenio as a “bigger fish” than alleged Eastern Visayas druglord, Kerwin Espinosa.
Serenio was arrested last month for grave coercion charges.
Following his arrest he revealed the links of several law enforcement agents, media men, and judges to the Berya Tolentino drug group.