Are you experienced in LOL or Fortnite? Contrary to what your parents might say, you have everything the company is looking for.
labor recruitment agency, manpower group Revealed that people who devote a lot of their time to video game They have developed Capabilities that puts them on target Business.
2.5 billion players worldwide are honing a variety of in-demand skills, From teamwork and collaboration to critical thinking and decision making,” the agency said in a statement.
according to study Published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States (PNAS, for its English acronym), action video games greatly improve gamers’ attention, perception, and cognition.
Not only that, but it also stimulates the personal or social skills that employers aspire to: Collaboration, communication and the ability to learn.
So you don’t have to worry anymore about filling out your resume with the courses you took in school, just stating that your video game experience should be enough to get recruiters to target you.
According to a ranking by Mangroup, these are the skills developed in the five different types of games and potential jobs you can devote yourself to:
- Strategy, puzzle and quiz. StarCraft, Civilization, Pac-Man, Words with Friends o League of Legends belong to this category. Players develop decision-making, planning, focus and perseverance. Potential matching jobs include: production and machinery operators, warehouse and construction workers, or quality control technicians.
- Action, adventure and role-playing. World of Warcraft, Assassin’s Creed, Monster Hunter o Pokémon They are of this type. Players tend to be interested in mastering skills, cooperating, and competing as a team. If you make time for these games, you have the profile of Administrative Assistant, Financial Analyst, or Customer Service Manager.
- open world. Minecraft, the legend of Zelda o The Elder Scrolls They have this label. Players improve their creativity, spatial vision skills, and the ability to visualize the movement of objects in space. These people can work as: electrical engineers, graphic designers, chefs, or chefs.
- Team play, sports and racing. Call of Duty, FIFA, Rocket League or Mario Kart It is classified as such. People who practice it develop planning skills, tactics, cooperation, communication, dealing with adversity, and spatial awareness. They can be call center representatives, warehouse mobilizers, or health care providers.
- Indie music. Mario Party, Just Dance, Guitar Hero or Rock Band included in this index. These toys stimulate the ability to learn and the desire to grow and adapt quickly. The jobs they are looking for are: Digital Fabrication Specialist, Healthcare Provider, or Sales Representative.
“Future teen idol. Hardcore twitter trailblazer. Infuriatingly humble travel evangelist.”